Customer loyalty is about how well you meet THEIR expectations about what you do.
However, if you don’t know for sure what they expect, how are you going to do that? You could guess and waste a lot of money. Why would you want to do that?
Customer loyalty is holistic.
You could have the best product in the history of the universe, but if it breaks, if contracts or financing are a nightmare, if supplies aren’t available or post-installation service isn’t up to par, who cares? You have to look at everything the customer sees.
You may not be hearing everything from your staff.
That’s human nature. People will tell you they lost a deal on price before they admit to failing to return the customer’s phone call. Some of the information in your CRM system is simply wrong. That’s been true of every company we’ve ever seen.
You find out what’s really happening through careful, thorough research.
- Hybrid web and phone surveys
- Quantitative and semi-structured, depth interviewing
- A lot of personal contact to assure high response rates, especially among key customers
Recent and on-going projects include:
- A study among clients of a Chinese contract software developer (interviewing in the US, India, China and other location)
- A tracking study among recently released patients of a major in-patient rehabilitation facility in the New York Metro area
- A study among clients of a major government logistics services provider, which included interviews conducted in the US, the Middle East and other locations